Keep your employees and equipment safe with combustible, corrosive, and toxic gas alarms.
Gas alarms are used to detect and alert persons of the presence of corrosive and/or combustible gases including hydrogen sulfide (H₂S) and sulfur dioxide (SO₂), nitrogen dioxide (NO₂), and oxygen (O₂).
The alarms may be used in hazardous areas and can be integrated into Specific Systems HVAC units even in Class I, Div 1, Groups B, C, & D environments.
Use of gas alarms is often required in:
- Offshore faclities
- Pharmaceutical production facilities
- Textile facilities
- Electric power distribution buildings (MCC, etc.) in various applications
Applications are available for single or multiple types of gases.
- Pre-wired, installed, and are factory calibrated.
- Another calibration may be necessary for individual environments and specifications.
- Alarms are typically wired to shut down the HVAC and pressurization units and seal off the area from outside air via a damper.
- Wired for high level, low level, and fail using Form C contacts allowing remote notification of the alarm.
- Capable of non-intrusive calibration via the monitor, allowing the device to remain Class I, Div. 1, Group C & D certified during adjustment.
- Catalytic bead or infrared technology with sensors mounted to meet the customer’s requirement.
Alarms are available to detect the presence of combustible gases such as hydrogen, carbon-based gases such as methane, and an abundance or shortage of oxygen. Also available are alarm systems for:
- Smoke detection
- Toxic gases
- Corrosive gases such as H₂S, SO₂
- Carbon monoxide (CO)
Monitors are encased in NEMA 7 and NEMA 4X explosion proof housings and are CE and UL certified.
Combustible/Toxic Gas Detectors
Data Sheet Coming Soon